Friday, May 19, 2017

COLDREAMS - Morning Rain 7'' 1986

This is one more interesting slab by this five piece from Clermont-Ferrand and not much is known about Coldreams only they has released one cassette in 1985 ('A Crazy Night') and this damn rare single, their only record, via Rock Hardi. This sound is called coldwave and I don't know what this means. Both songs are pretty minimalistic with no Beethoven bums and are for my taste somehow magical. I like these monotonous rhythms and the guitar dances over it, reminds me of the gloomy albums Faith or Seventeen Seconds by the Cure. Both songs do a decent job and with the female vocals they get delicate spells and relax me fully. 

4 comments:

  1. If you don't have the cassette already, it was posted here (link still active I believe):

    http://kentuckyfriedwave.blogspot.com/2012/09/coldreams-crazy-night-k7-1985-rock-hardi.html

    Cheers, Mark

    ReplyDelete